Two weeks ago, 45,000 Verizon employees across the northeast, members of both the Communication Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, went on strike to express their disappointment with the contract offer they received from their employer.
"Even at the 11th hour, as contracts were set to expire, Verizon continued to seek to strip away 50 years of collective bargaining gains for middle class workers and their families," the CWA said in a statement.
As Verizon continues to ask employees for unfair concessions, striking CWA and IBEW members have taken to the picket lines. Pickets will be held outside Verizon retail stores across the state of New Jersey.
Pickets will run in two shifts, 12:30-1:30pm and 4:30-6:30pm, every day of the week at the following locations:
- 382 Route 3 East, Clifton, NJ 07014
- 2435 Route 38 East, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- Mid State Mall, 314 Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
- BJ’s, 1000 Route 1, Edison, NJ 08817
- Hamilton Marketplace, 149 Marketplace Boulevard, Hamilton, NJ 08691
- 1211 Route 73, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
- 304 Mercer Mall Shopping Center, 3371 Route 1, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- 744 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102
- 1020 Cozzens Lane, North Brunswick, NJ 08902
- 2490 Route 22 West (Center Island), Union, NJ 07081
- 469 Route 17 South, Paramus, NJ 07652
- 7000 Hadley Road, South Plainfield, NJ 07080
I urge you to join our brothers and sisters by taking a few hours this week to stand in support of middle class wages and benefits.
Fredric V. Rolando, President If you need to update your NALC e-Activist Network e-mail address, you need complete the sign-up process again to help us validate your membership information. Click here to go to the e-Activist Network sign-up page at nalc.org.
National Association of Letter Carriers
If you wish to unsubscribe from the NALC e-Activist Network, please click here.
The National Association of Letter Carriers, AFL-CIO · 100 Indiana Avenue NW · Washington, DC 20001-2144
202-393-4695 · nalc.org · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube