Two weeks ago, 45,000 Verizon employees across the northeast, members of both the Communication Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, went on strike to express their disappointment with the contract offer they received from their employer.
"Even at the 11th hour, as contracts were set to expire, Verizon continued to seek to strip away 50 years of collective-bargaining gains for middle-class workers and their families," the CWA said in a statement.
As Verizon continues to ask employees for unfair concessions, striking CWA and IBEW members have taken to the picket lines. Pickets will be held at several Verizon locations the state of New York, and will run throughout the week at the following locations:
- Verizon Central Office, 418 Washington Ave., Dunkirk, NY 14048 (5:45 am - 11:00 pm)
- Verizon Wireless, 4154 McKinley Pkwy., Hamburg, NY 14075 (11:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Verizon Wireless, 2480 Military Rd., Niagara Falls, NY 14301 (9:00 am - 11:00 am & 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
- Verizon Central Office, 52 Walnut St., Lockport, NY 14094 (6:00 am - 10:00 am & 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
- Verizon Headquarters, 65 Franklin St., Buffalo, NY 14202 (11:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Verizon Wireless, 2410 Walden Ave. (near Union Rd.), Cheektowaga, NY 14225 (11:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Verizon Wireless, 6733 Transit Rd., Williamsville, NY 14221 (11:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Verizon Wireless, 1703 Niagara Falls Blvd. (by the Youngman 290 Expressway), Amherst, NY 14228 (11:00 am - 3:00 pm)
I urge you to join our brothers and sisters by taking a few hours this week to stand in support of middle-class wages and benefits. If you need to update your NALC e-Activist Network e-mail address, you need complete the sign-up process again to help us validate your membership information. Click here to go to the e-Activist Network sign-up page at nalc.org.
Fredric V. Rolando, President
National Association of Letter Carriers
If you wish to unsubscribe from the NALC e-Activist Network, please click here.
The National Association of Letter Carriers, AFL-CIO · 100 Indiana Avenue NW · Washington, DC 20001-2144
202-393-4695 · nalc.org · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube